unWined Christmas Fun!
While one can write about Christmas any time of the year it seems that much more appropriate when the holiday is right around the corner. Taking time to appreciate, observe, and share all that is unique about Christmas and this time of the year is a never ending but always enjoyable task. Rather than focus on just one specific area, or sharing the best shopping deals of the year, we decided to pick some of the most fun and interesting Christmas stuff from around the web and share it!
Let’s take a look at some Christmas accessories, arts and crafts, food and wine, history and trivia, and in-house unWined fun!
Wine Themed Christmas Accessories
- This website is awesome. What is there more to say than “Wine Christmas”? Here you’ve got wine stoppers, ornaments, wine glasses, party accessories, gift bags, figurines, and more. It’s all very artistic and creative! What’s to really appreciate about this place is the overall collection of Christmas inspired wine related items. What a good collection! Their dressed up reindeer ornaments are definitely going to find their way into some stockings this year.
- Look through close to 200 christmas related wine accessories that Wine Vine Imports offers. Shop for your friends, family, yourself, or take inspiration for crafting or future gift ideas! Plenty to choose from.
- The idea of giving personalized gifts is one that we are very fond of! We take pride is being able to empower our customers to add a personal touch to any of their paintings, so we can appreciate the ability to personalize gifts that you might otherwise not be able to! This website allows you to add a personal touch to many wine related gifts! They include everything from glasses, cork stoppers, wine tags, wine bottle labels, and more!
Wine Themed Christmas Arts and Crafts
Wine Cork Craft Lists
- Take all those extra corks you have laying around and put them to use! These Christmas inspired craft decorations are easy enough that anyone in the family can participate. All the other accessories that go along with making the crafts are affordable and can be found at most craft shops or second hand stores.
- Here are some various lists from around the web: TopDreamer, The Ornament Girl, Oregon Winette, and Bored Panda.
- A simple search on the ever-amazing Pinterest for “christmas wine bottles” brings about so many craft ideas it’s hard to know where to start. From floral holders, to food and drinks serve ware, and beyond, there are endless uses for old wine bottles. Change the color scheme and leave out some of the holiday flare, and you’ll find many ideas that can be used all year around.
Reuse and Recycle with Country Living
- This last one isn’t as wine focused as the rest, but we take special interest in the opportunity to reuse and repurpose! Taking everyday items that might end up in the trash and transforming them into unique holiday decorations allows for pride in craftsmanship as well sustainable contributions! Take a look at these free and easy Christmas accessories out together by CountryLiving.
Christmas Food and Wine
Make it easy on yourself!
- Pairing wine and food can be an easy task but a little extra ‘know-how’ can go a long way. Especially when it comes to making Christmas or holiday dinners easy. Check out this quick little guide from BB&R on tips for pairing wine with Christmas dinner (also included are tips for starters, the main course, and desert).
Find a type, pick up a local selection…
- about.com’s guide to paring different wine’s with types of holidays meats including duck, beef, pork, and others is quick, to the point, and gives you different selection of wines to go with each. Take these types of wines, go to your local shop, and pick some local and unique brands that spark your interest!
Food & Wine Magazine, go with the pros.
- Food & Wine Magazine has an awesome guide to Christmas Cocktails and Drinks. This guide is great for those of us that have company who like a variety! Included are wine cocktails, punches, hard drinks, warm drinks, and others.
Did someone say cookies?
- How about focusing on just paring wine and cookies? We had never thought of that either, but VinePair has done a wonderful job of creating an infographic (that’s quite Holiday-festive) for making a wonderful cookie and wine pairing desert course. Bake away!
History and Trivia for The Season and Its Drinks
The Food Timeline looks at what some of the favorite Christmas dishes were throughout the world at different periods in time! It’s hard to believe that there is a website devoted strictly to this, but here it is. Actually, the Food Timeline has an entire site devoted to the chronological history of food, with a specific Christmas page, but none the less… Thanks for the wonderful information! Add a a little history to your Christmas dinner that you can share with friends and family!
Read into an interesting history of Mulled Wine. For those of you who might not be sure “Mulled wine is essentially hot, sweetened red wine made aromatic with the addition of citrus fruits and warming spices such as cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg” and it certainly is a Christmas time indulgence.
See the all encompassing history of wine, read the sections that are most interesting to you, and viola! You now have wine trivia to share at as many Christmas parties as you can attend.
unWined Painting Holiday and Christmas Fun
Give the gift of creativity!
Know anyone who has always wanted to learn how to paint? Or maybe that friend who is always looking for new and different activities to try? We offer gift cards for purchase on our website beginning at $25! Give your friends/family a gift they will always remember! Purchase gift cards here!
Christmas-Eve Afternoon Let It Snow Painting!
Create a gift for a close friend or family member, or create a christmas decoration for years to come! Come visit us on Christmas-Eve from 1:00pm – 3:00pm to paint this wonderful ‘Let It Snow’ Christmas tree themed painting while enjoying a glass of wine or a cocktail! See event here!
Some of our other Christmas and winter inspired painting include:
- Winter Wonderland (December 23rd)
- Let’s Hit The Slopes (December 26th)
- Cross (December 20th and 29th)
December Charity Event
Giving back is very important to unWined! We are inspired to share with those around us that are in need. The selfless act of charity can be what seems like a small donation; but the results area a contribution that helps empower people to obtain a better quality of life. We hope to be able to inspire those around us to do the same. We do charity events all year around in support of our community.
On Wednesday December 30th unWined will be hosting a charity event featuring our Swing at Sunset Painting. For each seat sold in this class $10 will be donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, dedicated to defeating childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Happy Holidays from unWined!
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. – Norman Vincent Peale
#unWined #Christmas #Painting #Art #Inspired #Fun #Crafts #Food #Drinks #Wine #Cocktails #Pairings #Ornaments #History #Trivia #Charity #Denver #Colorado